11.1.10

Anxious. WAY too anxious.

So, I think it is pretty pathetic that I advise people on what type of wood, color, countertops, tile, and so on that they should put in their house EVERY DAY and I can't even design an entertainment piece for my house without having a major melt down. I went crazy over hardware, doorstyles, types of wood, thickness of the wood deck, and thickness of the shelves for over 3 whole weeks. Pathetic. So here it is...the real deal.



Well...it better be the real deal because we already paid for it, and it is going into production THIS week. I also picked an install date (Feb. 1st) today as well. So this is really happening. My work does all their own millwork and has all their own installers and floormen. So everything happens here. We have huge production boards that have all the designers' jobs on them. You usually put the name of the residence (in our case my job would be called HENDERSON RESIDENCE) and post it on the board for everyone to see. Steve told me I could name my job whatever I wanted, so of COURSE I called it my given T-Ville name...K-TOWN. It has caused quite a ruckus in the office. I also had to fill out all this technical information and every time it said "Job Name" I chuckled to myself as I filled it out.

I know it is ridiculous that I have been doing this for the last 4 almost 5 years of my life and I can't even pick out my own materials and design. I had to have Derek over twice to help me pick the paint colors. I just thought it was quite ironic that I tell people what to do, and they do it! They spend thousands of their dollars on random things I pick out. After having this experience of my own, I am thinking twice about mine and Zach's dream of building our own house one day. Can you imagine what that would be like for me? I'd be a freaking stress case.

2 comments:

  1. Katie! I just found your blog and LOVE it! I want to know all the new details of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! So good to hear from you!!! I am so glad I get to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete