21.1.10

Just In Time

Warning: Long, but venting....

These last couple of weeks have been so crazy for me. To be honest, I thought when I graduated from USU, "real life" would be gravy baby. I am grateful for my degree and the intense program we were put through, because more than anything it taught me how to prioritize my time and get things done effectively (plus live on 5 hours of sleep continually.) Sure, I miss things here and there all the time, forget a wet load of laundry in the washer, but at least I had an idea of what REAL LIFE would be like when I graduated....WORSE! (Not worse, busier.) I just remember the days when I would say, "I can't wait until I graduate!" Don't get me wrong, I am SO done with school, but I feel like I see Zach even less now that we are both working full time. School was so easy compared to this. Between work from 8:30-5:00, THREE weddings I am designing invitations for, putting our house together, trying to be a good wife and cook meals for Zach, laundry, house cleaning, designing bridal shower invites, designing Thank-You cards, my grandpa having surgery....I feel like I might combust. That is why I couldn't be more grateful for this weekend. We're going to the Bahamas from the 23rd - 30th. There are so many fun things planned, it is going to be a blast. Between going to Jerry Seinfield, Power Boat Adventures, and swimming with the dolphins....I think I will be just as busy, but in a MUCH better way. Considering I have had ZERO time to pack/shop/SLEEP....peace out until Feb!

Atlantis, here we come....



Regardless of the craziness, I am so grateful for Zach, our jobs, our home, our families, and the gospel. Yeah...I'm going to go there....all spiritual up in your grill. Everyone has that thing they pray for continually. Whether it be for their families, or for safety, or to CONCEIVE (shout out to one of my oldest and dearest friends Whit B. A.), happiness, or maybe for that dream job....but whatever it is, we are all so blessed. A friend once asked me, "If you could be anything, anything in the WHOLE world, what would you be?" I know he was asking in terms of occupation, but I answered, "Happy." I think about that all the time. Happy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Have fun, that place is GORGEOUS!! Super jealous actually (even with how busy you are-I don't do much these days with a baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie...how fun to have a "getaway". We all need those every once and a while. Totally get what you mean about REAL LIFE...it's tough. Love you!

    ReplyDelete