29.4.10

My Addiction.



When Zach and I met in Europe, and we went to breakfast....he asked for a Coke and I asked for a Diet Coke. It was like love at first sip. How often do you meet another person that drinks a soda at 8:30 am? Most people would be totally grossed out and say, "How can you DO that?" For Zach and I, it is our beverage of choice at breakfast.

Recently I have been having stomach issues. I have had issues my whole life being lactose intolerant, but in the last few months I have found myself having worse pain in my stomach than ever before. (Nope, not pregnant Mom, sorry.) My doctor recommended that I need to STOP drinking diet coke. STOP? I told him I could CUT DOWN, but not STOP. He thinks this whole Diet Coke thing is either causing me ulcers or aggravating an existing problem.

Yesterday was my FIRST full day in almost four years of not having one bitty sip of DC. I replaced 3 cans of diet coke with SEVEN glasses of water. And as I write this I am on my THIRD.

Hell has frozen over, pigs have flown, and I am officially killing my addiction to DC. Just for the record: if this doesn't help, I am going RIGHT back to my beloved beverage.

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up haha! Good luck with that, I am glad I haven't ever been that addicted to soda.. my mom is though. She always tries to quit but never succeeds. So good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha. I love you Katie. Why is it that Diet Coke is so addicting? My mom got Cam addicted and I am trying to stay away and not get addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont believe it! You couldn't be stopped even when it was like 10 Euro for a 6oz bottle. :) GOOD FOR YOU!! I hope it helps your stomach pains, no fun! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete