30.4.10

Hospital Visit

So Zach finally convinced me to go to Instacare. Turns out I have stomach ulcers. It was actually a wonderful alternative to what I thought it was. Everyone was telling me it was probably my gall bladder or kidney stones/infection. I am actually really grateful, because the thought of getting my gall bladder taken out gives me the creeps. I did have my blood drawn for the first time though. The first phlebotomist came in and after four attempts and no luck, they sent in what Zach called "The Ringer". That's Zach, a sports metaphor for everything. In walks the next phlebotomist, who happens to have an Albert Einstein coif. Serious, his hair was crazy. He asked me NOT to move because I was a "hard stick". I took one look at Zach and we started to laugh. We couldn't stop. You know the kind of laugh when you are holding it in, but your body is still laughing...in motion. The phlebotomist was not so happy with me. He finally stabbed me in the hand and got his blood. Vampire. Then he went on his way.

P.S. I don't know how people inject themselves with drugs or even give themselves insulin shots. It didn't hurt (ok, the one in my hand hurt) but the thought of needles makes me queasy. Hopefully the next shot I get is an epidural when we have our first child. If I am lucky.

3 comments:

  1. I've been sitting here trying to think of a joke to go with you being "a hard stick" but came up short. If I come up with one, I'll let you know. But I'm glad that Freudian slip gave you two pleasure in a not-so-fun situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach ulcers? Scary. So what now??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Miserable! I hope you are feeling better! (And once those nasty ulcers are healed, you can go back to drinking a little beloved DC...it only causes ulcers when ingested in drastic amounts! :) ) I know, because I too am a DC addict. I hope they heal soon!

    ReplyDelete