17.11.09

Slowly but SURELY!

Well, Zach and I have been living in our house for almost 3 weeks! There has been a lot of progress already. Our fence went up last week, but I guess that doesn't really matter considering we don't have grass. BUT, regardless....we have a fence! We now have Direct TV, a new Television, and a city garbage can. You should have seen Zach's face when I told him his 42" Samsung wasn't big enough to fit in the cove above our fireplace. But once he figured out that we had to get a bigger TV, his pain was instantly gone. We also painted our living room and replaced the light fixtures. Here is a picture of what it looked like before. (This is the day we moved in, so sorry about the boxes and clutter.)



Pay close attention to a couple of things: Every interior surface of our house is tan. Even our ceilings. Standard ceilings are WHITE, right? Not ours, just tan. Second thing to notice is the boob lights. Thanks to my husband and my friend Derek, all I look at when I see those lights are boobs now. Zach and I have always disliked them, so we decided to replace them. So....we started in this room. First we painted the ceiling white, and then painted the walls the color below. Once the paint dried we replaced the boobs with white drum lights, my favorite. Not too long after, we finally got the new TV up on the wall. Yes, Zach and I lifted a 50" Plasma screen up a ladder and mounted it above our mantel. I will post a pic after all the wires are tucked away.



Next, we replaced all the lights in our bathrooms. Before they were the lovely exposed bulb fixtures. Now they are the Spritz Sconces from RH. The double sconce in our powder room, and the triple in our guest bathroom and our master bathroom.



Poor Zach. I told you, I am probably driving him crazy. But at least he is learning all this manly stuff...like painting, re-wiring, and...mounting (T.V.s of COURSE!). :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie.. So I was reading this and was going to comment "what you didn't want to keep the nipple lights?" .. .. .. I read down to to more sentences and there you've beat me too the punch! I hate them too! My mom is the one who pointed them out to me... And in CHURCH! ;)

    ReplyDelete