29.11.09

Thanksgiving...Parisian Style

Did you know that in Paris, there is no Thanksgiving?? Just kidding, we knew that, obviously it is strictly an American Holiday. I guess we were just hoping some lonely American would be offering a Thanksgiving Dinner at their gorgeous restaurant. Nope. We also told a few people to "enjoy your Thanksgiving." They just looked at us really odd.

Sidenote:
If you have been to Paris, you know not to step in ANY puddles. This holds true for NYC, London, any major city really. I love the Metro. I think it is genius. Same with the Tube and Subway. GENIUS. I am obsessed with how the whole system works. Unfortunately I think the Metro is the most fowl. It smells of urine constantly. Especially in the corridors, were you can...urinate in private. Well Zach and I were at this stop below....(La Motte Picquet Grenelle)



It is a pretty big stop, it has multiple lines running through it, so it is pretty crowded, and it is how we connected to a lot of different lines from our hotel stop.
ANYWAYS....as we got off, I looked at the map to see what line we had to connect with. I saw in the corner of my eye, about ten feet away from me, a man crouched down in the corner, between the vending machine and the wall. I thought, "poor guy, having a rough day." I look at the map again and that's when I realized what he was doing. I could smell it. I looked over, and he was staring straight up at me. Ten feet away from my boots a man...relieved himself on the Metro dock, in front of probably 20 other people as well. Parisians are disgusting. He pulled up his pants, and walked away from me. It was like one of those moments when you know you should look away, but you can't believe what is happening right in front of your eyes. Like a car accident. So yeah. Don't step in any puddles, or any...masses. Ever.

Back to topic. Thanksgiving.

So we couldn't find anywhere to celebrate our lonely holiday, so we decided to go all out. I have been wanting to go to Kong for two years, and what better day than Thanksgiving. So we woke up and went to the Musee d'orsay. It's Zach's favorite museum, and I had never been there before. So he took me to some of his favorite pieces in the museum. It was awesome.









1 comment: