29.5.10

Death By Cake Pops

Derek, I hope you read this...because this is ALL because of you.

One day, long ago, my Senior year at Utah State, my friend Derek took me to Costco for the first time. He was shocked I had never been, and when I told him I got a gift card from my wedding, he took me along.

Fast forward....

Costco is the devil.

No, not for families or businesses, but for Zach and I. You see, I don't have a Costco Membership Card, but my mother does. Since Zach was gone with his brothers, fixing up Classic Waterslides, I went with my Madre to Costco to prepare for my brother's graduation party. We went to get stuff for HER.

8 dozen Oreo Cookies, 3 jumbo tubs of Clorox Wipes, 6 meals worth of cheese ravioli, 50 mini bags of assorted flavored potato chips, 60 slices of pre-cooked bacon, 20 protein shakes, GALLONS OF WEED KILLER, and 20 Kirkland hamburger patties later....

I arrived home. Zach and I are still trying to use the cubes of butter I purchased with Derek, over a year ago. My point is, what the freak am I going to do with 8 dozen Oreo Cookies!? Most definitely not eat them...so I told my mom I would make a dessert tomorrow for the BBQ. When I got home I remembered that I had been wanting to make these...



CAKE POPS! Trust me, they are as delicious as they are beautiful. They are not difficult to make, and the main ingredient: OREOS!
So I made them, 3 dozen to be exact. The trouble is, not all 3 dozen made it to "pop" form. They only made it to ball-covered-in-chocolate form....and then were POPPED into my mouth. Usually I have a referee here to blow the whistle and help me out. Zach will say, "You're going to get sick, Kate." But this afternoon he was not here to make the call.

I have to tell you, these are delicious. I would recommend them to anyone for any occasion. I, however, can never consume one again. Does anyone want 2.5 dozen cake pops....chilling in my refrigerator?

Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, how could I ever forget that trip to Costco. It was hilarious! And you will have to get me the recipe for these delish looking treats! Also, why was I not invited to come over and help make/eat them?!? :)

    ReplyDelete