10.5.10

Happy Mother's Day!

So this is my fourth day with Zach gone. He's going to be gone until this weekend, an entire week. I knew I would miss him, but never guessed THIS much. When you go from seeing your best friend every day, a whole week without him is horrible.

So this last Saturday, my grandmother for her Mother's Day gift wanted us to work in her yard and plant new flowers. It's so much fun to get our family together. We have so many people these days, it is very rare when the majority of us get together. We weeded, tilled, planted, watered....and the men used the chain saw. A LOT. The poor trees didn't stand a chance.

Later that Saturday I took my mom shoes shopping and met up with two of my aunts and two of my cousins for dinner at Applebees. I love them all, and love spending time with them.

Sunday morning I woke up to a flower delivery. I was actually really shocked, and thought it was a mistake. I opened the card, and read this:

"To a future mother. You are the best wife, and are going to make the best mother some day. I love you so much. - Zach"

After calling him, he told me he didn't want me to be left out on Mother's Day. He is seriously the best.

Happy Mother's Day to the best Mom in the world (who is SO thorough that she has to try on 3 different sizes of shoes in case of different thicknesses of socks) who I love more than the world. You guys are THE BEST!



Also to my wonderful Mother-in-law who is enjoying Tuscany right now as I write this. I am so grateful to her as well, along with my Grandmother, Aunts, and all the other mothers in my life.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute of Zach! And I am going to be feeling your pain about being without husband because Cam is going to be gone all next week
    :(

    ReplyDelete