17.12.09

Going for Green.



I fell in love with these Scrapile Benches when I saw them on AT. I finally found where they are sold....at feelmorehuman.com. Too bad the size I needed was over $900! They are made from scraps of wood which are laminated together. SO, realizing that Zach would never let me spend $2,000 on benches, I turned to Chris Barlow. He's amazing. He owns Zoe Dane, a custom furniture business. He told me he could make them easy! He just gathered a bunch of extra scraps from around his shop, and busted them out! So I bought two for either side of our dining table! I LOVE THEM! They are just as I imagined/prayed they would be! I wanted them to be made out of scraps, but larger, thicker pieces of wood. His daughter Zoe (2) apparently was super upset when I came to pick them up, she wanted them to "sleep at her house."

Our sweet sustainable benches....yeah....Zach and I are eco-friendly. Unfortunately, I think with all the glue and lacquer he had to use to get these pieces fused together, I believe we hurt the environment more than we helped. It's the thought that counts, right?



He is also making our low coffee table, which will be this exact shape....



But be made out of walnut....like this.....



Check out his site! ZOE DANE

No comments:

Post a Comment