6.6.10

Graduation / Cabin Weekend

I know I already posted about this, and probably should keep my mouth shut....but I only have one sibling and you'll never hear about this again. I really can't believe my brother Blake is officially a High School Graduate. Zach and I got work off so we could attend his graduation. It was LONG (520 students graduated) but so worth it to see him walk Friday. We are so proud of him. (I was just as proud that he didn't do anything embarrassing like pump his fists in the air, Jersey Shore style or do a cartwheel, like others did up on stage to accept their diplomas.) We didn't stay super long, because we had to hurry home and pack.

Later that evening, Zach and I took up some old friends of mine from Jr. High/High School and their wives up to his family cabin. Some of them I hadn't seen FOREVER, and it was fun to catch up with them and hang out with their darling wives. I love going up to the Henderson Cabin for so many reasons. The scenary is gorgeous, there is NO cell service (aka no crazy people calling to complain about their hardware in their kitchen), I don't know what Jeanene did to those beds...but they are SO comfortable, the kitchen is a dream to cook in, and it just feels so nice being somewhere that is far enough away so it feels like we're "escaping".
I had to steal pictures off of other blogs because Zach and I are horrible at remembering our camera...Photography Credit to Melinda and James....



Here are some highlights:

Good food

Movie Nights in the Theater Room - Yes, I know I have zero make up on and look like a man, just ignore that detail....



Hot Tub adventures



An improve dance performance by Quin, Sam, Georgie, and Ashton. (My two nieces and their cousins).

Riding in "The Tank" - some 6-wheeled creature/machine that apparently can float if submerged in water. I wouldn't let Zach try to take it through a giant mud puddle for fear of having to help him push/dig/tow it out.

Ping Pong Tournaments - Boys Only

Halo Tournaments - Boys Only



Games of all sorts

Hummingbirds - We were looking out the windows while watching a movie, and this poor hummingbird flew right into the glass, wanting to come in and enjoy some soup perhaps. I saw him fall on the gravel below, and a bunch of them went outside to check on it. It was alive, but dazed and confused. James went near it to take a picture, and it flew up and landed on his forearm. It just sat there forever looking stunned. It then flew up on his shoulder, checking out James' ear. I have never in my life seen a bird do that before. Yes, in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but not in real life. It was ridiculous. Props to James for keeping his arm and body so steady.

Frozen Brownie Pops

Fresh Air

Sleeping In

Playing Pool



We had a blast, and were so glad these couples could come up and join us. Thanks for all the movies, meals, and laughs. We love being at the cabin, and feel so lucky that Mark & Jeanene let us use their "Home Away from Home". We didn't want to come back to real life...

2 comments:

  1. Katie you didn't even steal the best picture! Where's the one of you and zach holding hands ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous. Too bad we're all the way in Mizzou or you know we would've been there. Next time.

    ReplyDelete