10.6.10

Motivation and Gratitude

Yesterday, my work had all these tickets to the 'Get Motivated' Seminar in SLC. I met a co-worker (Janette) there and went to the first half of it. (It was from 8:00-5:00, there is no way we could have lasted the whole time). And showing up was....pretty mandatory. I KIND OF enjoyed it. Keep in mind it was WAY too long. I have to admit though, I have been to my fair share of "Motivational Activites". If you count ALE, UAE, Ambassador Retreat for 4 years, several NKBA meetings, and all the other stuff in between...I am the seasoned veteran of seminars. There were TONS of speakers at this thingy, but my fave was former Secretary of State, Colin Powell.


The economy stresses me out, to the MAX. People losing their jobs, people losing their homes....and so many other hardships. I can't stand to watch the news anymore, quite honestly. But, this sweet guy put a lot of positive points out there. Not to be all patriotic in your face....but I am so grateful to live in America. He put it into perspective for me, and I appreciate him for that.

After I left the seminar, I had to run over to the hangar (where Zach Attack works) to drop of some postcards to my Brother-in-law. I was zipping around the corner and had to slam on my breaks because #1 - I drive too fast, and #2 - I almost hit my Brother-in-law in the fuel truck!


As you can see, Trav is VERY excited about the Postcards...haha!
I was driving around the hangar and I stopped in the parking lot. I DO have a point to this post, I promise.
It made me stop and think at how grateful I am for mine and Zach's jobs.



I thought it was so cool that the jet was there in front of the hangar, usually when I go there I can't see anything cool like helicopters or jets because they are all out on jobs.
I am in love with every single person I work with and can't imagine working anywhere else (for as long as they'll have me). I have to admit, I always wanted to work at an Architecture Firm with my degree, particularly FFKR. When I graduated, I must have applied 4 times. I was heartbroken when they told me that they weren't accepting applications, and wouldn't be in the near future. I thought I would never find something I enjoyed as much as I imagined I would love FFKR. I was SO wrong. I know now that FFKR would NOT be for me. I would just be a payroll number and a face behind a monitor. Here, I actually matter.
Zach is so lucky to work where he does. Besides, what guy wouldn't love to work at a place with Helicopters and Plaines all day?! And I know Zach agrees with me when I say that I can't thank my new family enough for what Classic has done for us. Zach has a secure job which he loves and works hard at every day. I am so SO grateful for that and for the family that made it possible.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Cam had to go to that Motivational thingy yesterday too. He was not a big fan of the whole thing... way too long. But yes, I totally agree with you. I feel so blessed for us to both have good jobs in this economy!!

    ReplyDelete