8.3.10

AHEM.....in your face.

Once upon a time I was in my father's office, on his computer. My mom wanted to see something on our blog, so I pulled it up on his computer to show her a picture. I believe it was of our trip to the Bahamas. My mom couldn't pull our blog up on her own...she's barely getting the gist of attaching files to email messages. If you read that, I am sorry mom. I really love you, but I speak only the truth. I was showing her the photos and in my rush to get home, I left the blog up on his screen. Since that time, he is now an avid reader of our blog.

Fast forward 2 weeks.

One night, I worked late and was STARVING. I told Zach I would just pick up dinner on the way home. As I am about to walk into the restaurant, my dad calls me. He says, "What's up?" I replied, "Just getting Zach and I dinner." He says, "Haha, you're MAKING dinner right....? Are you at Cafe Rio?" I replied once more with vigor, "NO, I AM AT COSTA VIDA!" (Most of you know that they are exactly the same restaurant with different decor.) So...he was right. I am not exactly Susie Homemaker. But I DO cook. Seriously. Not an enormous list, but I have mastered a few dishes that both Zach and I love. Pride is in proof:

Dish 1:



Baked Manicotti, which I MADE TONIGHT DAD!!!

Dish 2:



Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles

Dish 3:



Chicken Parmesan

I have have mastered (but don't have photographs of) feta and spinach stuffed chicken breasts, chicken stir-fry, beef tips in gravy over rice, and lastly...Italian chicken with rice pilaf. (Ok, the rice pilaf is uncle bens from a box, but still.)

I am not super wife, but I can cook....7 dishes. I better kick it up a notch before I have kiddies.

4 comments:

  1. ZACHANDKATIE.WORDPRESS.COM WILL DESTROOOOOOOOY YOUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh rollerskatejamms is kind of a creepster..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha hilarious. You know what's sad? I didn't really know how to cook anything until I had to move out on my own and cook for Cam... and my dad is an AMAZING Chef. I guess we have to learn the hard way right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome to invite us over anytime for dinner:)

    ReplyDelete