11.3.10

Our Yard....

Well, it is almost time for Zach and I to start making decisions on our yard. When we bought our house, in our agreement they told us they would landscape our front yard/lawn. SO, I have been stewing over this for some time. Zach doesn't really mind what we do considering he is scheming up a way to pay one of our sweet neighbor boys to do all of the yard work for us. Not a bad idea, but I actually love landscaping, and think I could really get into yard work.

This is what we have so far for the front and back:



Steel planter boxes.



Grey river rock.



Concrete pavers with grass/rock between. Can't decide yet. I guess either way they require work, whether mowing over them or pulling weeds out of the rocks. This will be in the front AND the back.

In the backyard I want....



a Pergola. Not WHITE, but I want it made out of steel. And not right off the house, but more in the center of the yard. This is where my dad comes into play. Can't WAIT to see how that turns out....but it will not be for quite some time. I want to put solar shades on it as well to keep out the buggies and the sun at night....



This movable indoor/outdoor fire pit which I am having a LOVE affair with. This is my favorite thing of ALL. I wouldn't take it inside obviously...but I would take it all over the yard.



And this furniture....but probably not in orange. I am not much of an orange person...but maybe. It will go under the pergola. I want the dining table too so we can BBQ! Zach's favorite thing of all in the summer!

I think I am even more excited about our front and back yard than the actual INTERIOR of our home. A lot of this stuff is actually really low maintenance, which is just our style. Wish us luck in all the crazy adventures we have in store with all this work.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with everything you have suggested for your yard. Seriously. So. Sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... LOVE the fire pit, you might have to tell me where you found that, and your spinach dish sounds really yummy. Maybe you could teach me how to make one night. We can have you and zach come over:)

    ReplyDelete