7.2.10

Birthdays, Breakfasts, and Paint

Feb. 1st was my 23rd Birthday, and Zach and I really went crazy, haha. I had to work all day, but it was all good because my boss and Vince went out to eat with me at Macaroni Grill to celebrate (My FAVE!!) I was asked to cover from 8:30-5:00 because everyone was going to be gone later that day. Also, our media cabinets were supposed to be installed that day, but Doug (the Shop Manager) informed me they were running SUPER behind...SO, it looks like at the end of next week we will finally have shelves and cabinets. So after I got off work, we went to Costa Vida for dinner (as my request) and met up with my mom and brother at Cold Stone after. My dad is in Chile with a couple of friends, and doesn't get back till this Tuesday, so we have been waiting for him to come home to go out all as a family. He called me from Easter Island to wish me a Happy Birthday! Overall, it was a great day! I got some clothes that I wanted for Spring, and a great book...my weakness. Not novels, but any book about Architecture, Graphic Design, or Art. Zach knows if he gets me a great book, I am a happy camper.

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the Happy Birthday texts, wishes, and treats!

Work has been great for both of us lately. I am so proud of Zach. He works really hard, and is great at what he does. Considering all we have going on lately is working full time and trying to get our house completed, it consumes a lot of our time. A lot of people ask me what Zach does, especially lately. So here is the best way I can explain it...

http://www.classicaviation.net/
He works for the family business in aviation.
Classic (Aviation and Helicopters) not Classic Skating, got a new website. I think it is rad.
And we designed a new logo for the Air + Auto branch of the business. I am not exactly sure what it is, Zach could explain it...but it has something to do with Jet Fuel. Here is what we came up with....



It is supposed to look like the tail of the plain...and then the road? I don't know...but it was fun to do!
I have Red Ledges coming up...which is the biggest project I have had since I have started my "real job". I have a builder I am working with, CSE & Associates...
http://cseandassociates.com/
Who builds gorgeous homes in Park City and Arizona. They are building on 26 lots in Red Ledges called "The Heights". It is going really well, and the first install should be in Mach/April. Also, if you buy one of their lots you get a FREE Mercedes. What??? They are calling it a Stimulus Package. The homes are HUGE. 3,500 sq. feet and UP. I feel really lucky to be working on such a great project with such great potential. I will post pics when the project is done.

Also, a lot of what we have been doing lately is EATING with friends. I cannot keep this up in the warmer months, or I am going to be a beached whale. Between Ruth's Diner with USU friends, Rodizio Grill, Zupas with friends, and so on...I am bursting at the seams. Thank you Ruth, for your Mile High Biscuits and Banana Walnut French Toast. Ugh, I am sick just thinking about it.

Last but not least, we finally painted our Mormon Room. I wanted a Grey/Brown, and that's what we got. Thank you Benjamin Moore and Restoration Hardware for making such gorgeous colors.



Here is what it looked like the day we moved in.





Ignore the ladder and tape measure, but this is our new color! It is a little dark for Zach, but I think it is going to look awesome with our furniture. I hope.

Our low coffee table also is finished. It was totally worth the wait.


My sweet little brother, who is not so little anymore...helped me pick it up in his truck and take it back to our house. He says, "It's really.....modern." (Which is exactly what we want). I have a scary feeling we are going to get that reaction from a lot of people. :(

All well, at least we love it. We just want to get it DONE so people can come over and stay a while. :)

That's all we have going on lately. I apologize for all the posts about our house and work. But...that's our life!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is great! People need to realize good design when they see it even if it isn't something that they would do in their own home!!

    And I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with that wall color and THAT coffee table! Ah!

    ReplyDelete