16.2.10

We have MAGIC FLOATING SHELVVVVEEES!

This post is dedicated to my main man Gilbert, for the installation and concentration of this project.

What once were holes....



Now are WHOLE! But it didn't come easy. It took 3 perilous days of scribing on Gilbert's part.

Day 1:



Base cabinets and solid wood deck. He had to scribe the deck tops identically to fit the wall, so we wouldn't have to caulk them. This is as far as the poor guy got at our house from 8:30 am -5:00 pm.

Day 2:



Four shelves installed, and the other two measured and accounted for. I guess each shelf took him an hour and 45 minutes EACH! Since they are 2.5" thick, it took him forever.

Day 3:



Shelves installed, grommets cut, hardware installed.
I know the pictures are crappy, but it's the best we could do from our phones!
Dear Gilbert, you are the bomb.com and I thank you for being a perfectionist. Also, on a completely different note...thanks for letting me use your air compressor to fill my flat tire, but that is a different story. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oo those look hot. Can't wait to see them in person. Good work Gilbert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love your crazy style and great ideas for everything!! Reading your blog makes me think of this blog/post. http://windhula.blogspot.com/2009/10/finally-my-bedroom-reveal.html Look at this blog, she is amazing and has a lot of great modern style mixed with who knows what.I struggle sometimes because I feel like there is soo many things to do, and I can't decide which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by your style as well because I have none haha. But those shelves are awesome!!I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were looking at your pictures and Jordan said, "Scroll back to that picture of Zach installing the shelf!" I laughed and said, "Oh Jordan, that's the carpenter." I'm glad Jordan has such faith in your husband though. Maybe someday Zach will don a tool belt and fashion you an end table out of some beachwood. Someday, Zach.

    ReplyDelete