19.2.10

Best Friend

Warning: Late night/sappy post.
Usually I post things that have no actual purpose. I feel like a very shallow blogger. Zach and I decided to stay home tonight, considering we have spent all but 2 nights out this week with family and friends. I made dinner and we watched a movie on our very own couch. We're night people, and rarely go to bed before 11:00 pm, even on work nights. Zach magically fell asleep and it is before midnight! That is unheard of on a Friday night for us! I can't sleep and started clicking around on blogs and found myself writing this post. I am guilty of taking things for granted, and a new goal of mine is to tell people how grateful/inspired/proud I am of them. Zach NEVER posts on this blog (he tries to make comments) but he does read it every time I post something. Knowing he is asleep, and that eventually in the coming days he will read this, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for him. My institute teacher once told our class, "There are no such things as soul mates." I remember being super bummed, thinking he was probably right. I do believe any righteous man can marry a righteous woman and they can be happy for the rest of their lives. But I wanted more than that. I wanted everything. Isn't that what a marriage should be? Your everything?? Even though I can barely hear myself type over his snoring, he is my soul mate. Even typing those words, I am streaming with tears. When I thought I couldn't possibly be happier, I met this person who makes me feel like every single thing I have done up to this point in my life was for a reason, and was for a bigger plan. Not even the longest post in the entire existence of blogger nation could describe how wonderful Zach is, and for those of you who know him already, I don't have to convince.

Zachary Mark Henderson:






My very best friend,
my soul mate,
my absolute everything.





Be mine forever.

3 comments:

  1. so cute. Isn't it the best thing in the world to be married to your best friend???

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are darling! i love your blog, i just came across it and totally read most of it if not all of it!haha. you are awesome katie and oh SO talented! I hope you and zach are doing well, you two are so cute. we should get together soon!

    ReplyDelete